torsdag 31 mars 2011

Spike - After the Fall (Spoiler alert)

This is what happened with Spike, after he had saved the world in Buffy, and came back as a ghost in Angel. 
Spike: After the Fall, is a comic book written by Brian Lynch and Franco Urru (also on Angel: After the Fall).

The comic was not brilliant. I thought it was going to be a lot, lot better.

The goof thing was... Spike looked just as awesome drawn as he does in the shows! I mean, the drawings was awesome, and we got some extra art in the end of the book, but the story was a bit... I don't know... Thin.

Spike, the one who hates about everyone he mets, has suddenly a gang. Led by him and... Illyria? I mean... Illyria and Spike? That's so far from Dru that you can ever come?

Spike needs someone he can nurture. Maybe he can to Fred, but Fred and Illyria is not the same, and Fred becomes Illyria. It doesn't matter what Spike goes through.
Getting a soul, becoming a ghost saving the world, getting heartbroken by his greatest love... Spike need someone who needs him!

Illyria can take very good care of herself.

Then I have a bit problem with Non. I mean. That villain does not seem way to thought trough, and can we, even though just a tiny, tiny bit see some resemblance with a character in True Blood?
I won't tell who, you can figure that out for yourself, and I haven't read the Charlaine Harris book's yet, so I'm not sure if this person is in it...

Well, a bit about the story.
As said, Spike has gathered up a gang of people together with Illyria, still I don't know if it is to make an army or if it is just to protect them. Then he does a weird trip to Wolfram & Heart, why I can't figure, but when he's gone, something terrible is happening to these people. They get taken by the minions of a woman called Non. Spike catches one of them, who has to lead him to her. When coming there, he realized Non lives of the spirit or the lives of people, and makes her strong. Spike gets chained up, but of course, that doesn't do it for Spike, he's not the one who gets chained up, he the one who chains people up. 

As I said, we got some art in the last pages. Sketches, and ideas of drawing who didn't get into the comic. I think they look rather awesome. I wish I was that good at drawing...

This is both sexy and so disturbing in so many ways.

  1. Fred is Wesley's.
  2. Spike is Dru's.
  3. Fred is Illyria.
  4. Illyria is Spike's?
Something is so totally wrong here.

1 kommentar:

  1. Tror jag hade läst den mer för teckningarnas skull faktiskt än för handlingen... Får se om jag får tummen ur! Gillar ändå Spike så mycket så det kan hända att man står ut med en tunn handling bara för honom!

    SvaraRadera