söndag 1 maj 2011

Sookie Stakchouse novels

There are a few things I have noticed now when I have been reading through the third of the Sookie Stackhouse novels, Club Dead.
Some of the characters are different from the True Blood series, and some of them surprised me quite a lot!

Bill Compton - Oh my god! Bad mouth Bill! He is seriously a lot more dirty mouthed in the books than in True Blood! I mean, in the TV-series he is a lot more polite, and he rarely says things like "I would like to fuck you till you faint" or something similar in the TV-series! And he also feels a lot more self obsessed than in the TV-sereis.

Eric Northman - (First of all, this is my new obsession. I need a fix of Eric every day!) I feel like he has a more prominent sexual interest in Sookie in the books than in True Blood. It feels like he's more obsessed with Sookie, than the character that Skarsgård is portraying. He does things that he does not do in the TV-series, so therefore, no Jessica for example (at least not yet...), that is scary... But I think I like him even more in the books than in the TV-series. If I was Sookie, I would do Eric (and Alcide) straight away!

Sookie Stackhouse - Oh, I don't know, sometimes she seems smarter, and sometimes she feels dumber than in the TV-series, but I say that over the whole, she is a lot smarter than in True Blood. It feels like she don't run off doing lots of stupid things like she does in the TV-series. She has some backbone in the books, even though I have doubts no person would ever behave like she does, dating a vampire or not...

Jason Stackhouse - Almost non-existing in the books. He has, even though he probably has done the whole town, a steady girlfriend. That is soooo different from the Jason in True Blood, really. No stupid decisions, even though he

Lafayette Reynolds and Tara Thornton - Okay... Really non-existent in the books. Mentioned, but not much more.

Sam Merlotte - I don't know. I would say that he is a lot more open with liking Sookie a bit too much in the books, he is a bit more secret with it in the TV-series. And something more is off, I just don't know what!!!

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar