måndag 27 september 2010

Home again

Well, then, home again from Gothenburg.
I must say, ut just gets harder and harder to say good bye to the Mr everytime he or I have to go home. That sucks!

So this was my weekend. On Friday I went down to Gothenburg, quite late in the evening, around 22, as the train was more than 30 minutes late. So I went over to my granpas cousin where I watched an episode of the new season of Wire in the Blood, which has became really bad compared to the first seasons I must say, and then staright to bed.
Saturday: Woho! Up early to go met the wonderful one at the bus station! Went back so he could eat something and then we went to do some window (and regular) shopping. Bought a Gaiman book; Interwolds.
In the evening we went to see Micmacs!
Quite an awesome film!

Micmacs
Bazil dad dies when he is very young and he gets sent away to a boarding school when his mother can't take care of him. He runs away, but his life up till adulthood seems quite alright, until he got shot in the head. Then he loses his flat, his job and all his things, so he gets adopted by some people who lives on the junkyard.
When he find the company who makes the mine his dad was trying to disarm, and the company who made the bullet that he got shot with, he and his friends decides it is payback time!

A wonderful film by the amazing Jean-Pierre Jeunet, who is also famous for his films Amélie from Montmartre, Delicatessen and The Long Engagement. The mice-en-scene is recognizable from all other of his films (maybe except Alien:Ressurection...) and the funniest thing is that in parts of the film, he makes commercial for the films! The shot in the film is also shown as a billboard, or the cover of a DVD. The whole idea with some people aveniging the whole weapons industry is so surreal, and without all the things and stuff that exists in the film, it would not have worked, you would not have believed how they could get such things to where they got them, or how they could pull some stunts. The tone of it was fun, but with a dark undertone that people DO get killed in war, and that war is never beautiful. The war Bazil and his friends are fighting with the weapon dealers, are just as bad, just hidden under fun incidents.

A very good movie, and all of Jean-Pierre Jeunets french movies should be seen, they are usually awesome, even though some most probably would see them as a bit odd, and weird but if you like one of them, you will probably like all of them.

Well, furter on with the weekend...
Sunday: Book fair today, walking and walking and walking. Unfortunate, I didn't find any good books, a few films and the Mr bought me my Christmas present, a doctoral dissertation that I had as course literature this summer, which I could have a lot of use for when I do my own Bachelor's degree. Well, not as much fun as last year, but I got some valuable tips on Photoshop, which I will be trying next time I have time to do some photoshopping (most probably on wednesday).

So this weekend I have really only done things and learned thins revolved around things I love, books, film, the Mr, photoshop.
I have to say, life is just great at the moment, I hope they continue like this for a while, and that my oral examination will go alright tomorrow, I really don't feel prepared enough for it at the moment, and a horrible head ache is sneaking up on me! Uh oh!

Well, I'll see you in a day or so as I will have to read quite a lot these following days!

Bye!

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar