söndag 26 juni 2011

What kinds of books do I like?

After reading the two first books about Abarat, I have realized a few things about books, and what kinds of books I like. The four main things are:

  • I like fantasy books, especially about magic, and in surroundings similar to the real world.
  • I like scary books, and this is almost any genre.
  • I like vampire books! 
  • Books by Neil Gaiman
I have read a lot of fantasy, magic, horror/terror, vampires recently, and some from the Romance era, and these three things are part(s) of my favorite books.

Okay, I liked Abarat, but I found some things in it, similar to other books, that I read first, and liked, and therefore I prefer those over Abarat.

Some of my favorite books are therefore:
  • Emma Bull - War for the oaks
  • Gaiman - Interworld
  • Pamela Dean - Tam Lin
  • J.K Rowling - Harry Potter
  • Charlaine Harris - The Sookie Stackhouse novels
  • Desperation - Stephen King
  • Del Toro & Hogan - The Strain
  • Gaiman & Pratchett - Good Omens
  • Anderas Roman - Mörkrädd
And you get my point! Because I'm not going to write anymore books, that would most probably take me forever to finish, but most of the books in my bookshelves ARE fantasy, scary or contains lots of vampires.

But that doesn't mean I don't like other books.

Jostein Gaarder's books for young adults and children are really great, Sigge Eklund writes amazing books, and I like some people memoirs really a lot. One of my most read books is Nikki Sixx memoirs, and the book I'm the most disappointed in losing, is Tommy Lee's book!

What is kind of books do you like?

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar